Monday 4 February 2013

When Rock 'n' Roll hit Broadway!


Download high resolution scans of the program below

I celebrated my 51st birthday in New York City with my wife and my daughter. It was a four day trip and my second to New York.  The main reason for the trip was to see the show ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ on Broadway with Eddie Clendening in the lead role as Elvis.

Eddie as Elvis 2011
I first met Eddie Clendening at the Rockabilly Rave (UK) in 2004; he was appearing with Deke Dickerson, who was billed at the Rave as introducing Eddie Clendening. After seeing his act and completely digging what I saw and heard, I thought that a return the following year would be a matter of fact. Eddie with his own band and playing a full set...but it was not to be! I am keeping my fingers crossed it will happen soon.

I have seen him on a few occasions since, mainly in London.  And when I heard that he got the part in the show ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ I was glad that his talent was finally getting recognised. I had to see him perform again, so why not New York. I sent an email to make certain Eddie was on the night in question, and he was. He also put me on the box office family and friends list...half price tickets! Cheers Eddie! The show was everything I expected it to be, the musicians keeping with the vintage feel and sound of the era. I think Chuck Mead as musical arranger and supervisor of the show had a lot to do with this.
Singer, guitarist and songwriter Eddie's career in entertainment is on the up. His last CD 'Knocking at Your Heart' is constantly playing whilst I am driving and I am also eagerly awaiting the release of his yet unnamed new CD.



Eddie and Lance Guest Live on 95.5 WPLJ NYC
Download the MP3

Eddie and yours truly outside the Nederlander Theatre 19th February 2011


THE MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET SHOW IS NOW TOURING THE U.S.A AND THE WORLD

No comments:

Post a Comment