Sunday 14 July 2013

Country Tips it's Hat to Rock 'n' Roll


Wylie & the Wild West Show - Wild Hair Boogie
Wade Hayes - Don't Stop
Alan Jackson - I Don't Even Know Your Name
Steve Kolander - Black Dresses

On my second trip to Texas back in 1996 I noticed via the radio that a few of the Cats in Hats (and the ladies too) were bringing a bit of Rock 'n' Roll back into their music. Some of them (Alan Jackson and Wade Hayes) impressed me enough that I went see them in concert at the University of Texas in Austin. Here are four tunes I heard at the time, that grabbed my attention while driving around Texas with my good buddy Tooks, crazy times.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this album :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving a comment zephyr. I'll be posting a cowgirls version soon.

    ReplyDelete